Birthing with BAM
(Bay Area Maternity)
- 5- 2.5-3 hour In-person classes for demonstrations of body positioning, pregnancy comfort techniques and labor comfort measure/technique (Classes are held at El Camino Hospital Los Gatos Conference Center)
- "Labor & Birth Tool Kit" includes tools doulas use in pregnancy and labor (3 Meter Authentic Mexican handwoven Rebozo, massaging tool, special essential oils, and many other priceless tools to tackle labor like a pro.)
- List of hospital must pack items (specialized list during COVID-19)
- Google Drive access to many downloads for class handouts, door signs for your hospital room (for COVID-19 duration), as well as demonstration videos for reference.
- Beautiful pregnancy coloring pages to "zen out" to (included in google drive)
- Option to add on a private tutorial session with Caren or Stephanie to review special restrictions/needs/concerns for your labor and birth
- Option to add on a 2.5 hour lactation class with Michelle Rodriguez! (Learn about how to prepare prenatally and how to feed your baby for the first week or so of their life. Also learn about milk storage, emptying the breast, hunger cues, breast anatomy, pumping, and so much more!)
Available Hybrid Sessions:
(Hybrid consists of 2 online classes and 3 in person classes)
Birthing with BAM January 2024
1/11-2/8: Thursdays from 6:30-9:30pm (includes a break)
Instructor: Caren Hespeler or Stephanie Mollinier
Minimum of 4/ max of 9 (birthing person/couple) spots available for this session.
Price of class session includes a "Labor and Birth Kit" full of helpful tools for labor.
Five IN PERSON classes (El Camino Hospital Los Gatos, Conference Center) to learn about pregnancy comfort techniques, the stages of labor/ the emotional map of labor, immediate postpartum, newborn procedures, hands on comfort measure skills demonstrations, common unplanned scenarios and tools used in labor, postpartum recovery and so much more! More info provided upon registration. It is recommended you complete the class by 37 weeks of pregnancy. OPTION TO ADD ON IN PERSON LACTATION CLASS HE FOLLOWING THURSDAY (2/15)
Simmy & Keith
Cupertino May 2023
Thank you both so much for your help & care! My birth was one of the most empowering experiences and truly my greatest accomplishment. Thank you both so much!"
Claire R. Dec. 2022
Anna R. Session 3
From the first time I spoke with Caren, I had completely changed my mind. She is fantastic and her class is so, so helpful! You can instantly see her passion for helping and educating expecting parents on this journey. Her caring and personal demeanor, coupled with her knowledge make for a wonderful experience.
I have been very scared of giving birth for as long as I can remember, and this gave me confidence and comfort heading into it. When the big day arrived, we felt prepared and had a clear sense of what to expect (as best you can at least). In the end, we had a wonderful experience and I was able to enjoy moments of my little guys birth! Something I didn’t think was possible.
We cannot thank Caren enough and no doubt others in our class felt the same! If you are considering taking her class or partnering with her as your doula, just do it! You will be so happy with your decision!
Jodee L. Session 1
~Laila G. Session 1
Caren was very caring, direct, and knowledgeable. 10/10 we would highly recommend this class to anyone!
~Olivia S. Session 1
Given the current SIP orders, we could not attend in-person courses elsewhere so I’m glad that we had the opportunity to participate in your virtual Birthing with BAM class.
~Donna T. Session 1